Residential and commercial suburb on the northern bank of the Parramatta River.
Meadowbankby Angela Phippen, 2008
Wallumedegal country until the Europeans arrived, the land was granted and sold to settlers, with William Bennett building Meadowbank House in 1835. When the railway linked Strathfield and Hornsby in 1886, Meadowbank was subdivided, attracting professionals who commuted to the city. By the mid-twentieth century, industry and public housing had filled in open spaces, except for parks along the river.